Palm oil is derived from the fruit of the oil palm tree, primarily the African oil palm Elaeis guineensis. In its natural, unprocessed state, palm oil is dark red in color due to a high content of carotenoids, including β-carotene (a vitamin A precursor that gives carrots their color) and lycopene.
- Reduces Cholesterol Levels.
- Slows the Progression of Heart Disease.
- Boosts Brain Health.
- Enhances Vitamin A Status.
- Reduces Oxidative Stress.
- Improves Skin and Hair Health.
Red palm oil is a great source of nutrients and antioxidants, but factors such as its fat content and cholesterol can create complications for some people. In the right circumstances, red palm oil may offer significant benefits to heart health